- Holiday Schedule
- Admission Prices
- Park Map
- Directions to Kenwood Cove
- General Park Information
- Class Information, Lap Swimming, and other Programs
- Contact Us
Kenwood Cove is open daily from 12:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays and Saturday, and 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday for your swimming convenience. The park is open beginning Memorial weekend through mid-August. If there is the threat of severe weather, lightning, or thunderstorms, the park may close. Information about weather related closures will be posted on our website.
Kenwood Cove will be open during all major summer holidays including: Memorial Day, Father’s Day, and Independence Day.
Free swim passes for children and teens that qualify are available through the Kenwood Cove Assistance Fund at the Greater Salina Community Foundation. Qualification is based on income guidelines and must be applied for in advance. Applications are available at the Salina Parks and Recreation Office, Room 100 of the City/County Building, 300 West Ash.
Purchase a day pass for a one-day only admittance into the park. Passes must be purchased individually for each member of your group. Refunds and rain checks will not be given.
- Children, ages 0-2: Free
- Children, ages 3-17: $3.50
- Adults, ages 18-61: $5.50
- Seniors, ages 62 and up: $2.50
Purchase a season pass for a season-long admittance into the park. Passes must be purchased individually for each member of your group. Refunds and rain checks will not be given.
- Children, ages 3-17: $60
- Adults, ages 18 and up: $100
Group Season Passes
Purchase a group pass for a season-long admittance into the park for your entire group. The Group Pass includes a maximum of two adults and three children. Up to three additional children can be added to the pass for a fee.
- Group Pass: $180, includes 2 Adults and 3 Children or 1 Adult and 4 Children
- Group Pass, bonus child: $35, per child, up to 3 more children
- If you have more than 6 children in your group, additional season passes are available at $60 each.
Driving Directions to Kenwood Cove
Kenwood Cove Aquatic Park is centrally located in Salina’s beautiful Kenwood Park, on Kenwood Park Drive, next to the Bicentennial Center.
Visit MapQuest to plan your trip to Kenwood Cove.
From East Crawford and Ohio streets, travel one-half mile to Greeley Road and turn left (west). At North Kenwood Park Drive, turn left (south) and follow it to Kenwood Cove’s parking lot.
From I-70 East/West:
Exit I-70 in Salina at exit 253. Head South on Ohio Street three miles to Greeley Road. Turn right (west) at Greeley Road. At North Kenwood Park Drive, turn left (south) and follow it to Kenwood Cove’s parking lot.
From I-135 North/South:
Exit I-135 in Salina at exit 92. Head east on Crawford Street three miles to Front Street. Turn left (north) at Front Street and follow the river to Kenwood Cove’s parking lot.
General Park Information
- Children 7 & under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older
- Admission is required of all persons entering the park
- No refunds or rain checks will be given
- Proper swim attire is required: no cutoffs, rivets or metal ornamentation will be allowed on the slides
- Height restrictions may apply to certain rides
- All tubes are FREE, but are available first come, first serve
- Personal rafts, floats, or tubes are not allowed into the park
- Coast Guard approved life vests only
- No Glass or Alcohol Permitted
- All eyeglasses must have retainers to be worn in water
Swim lessons are offered Monday through Thursday before the park opens to the public, registration is required. Swimming lanes are available for lap swimmers in the lap pool Monday through Friday. Additional programs such as aerobics and river walking are scheduled for Monday through Friday as well. Punch cards are required for exercise classes and lap swim. Purchase punch cards at Kenwood Cove or at the Parks and Recreation Department. For more information visit the classes page or call 785-826-7430.
701 Kenwood Park Drive
Salina, KS 67401
E-mail: Aquatics Manager
City of Salina
Department of Parks and Recreation
300 West Ash, Room 100
Salina, KS 67401
E-mail: Chris Curtis, Recreation Superintendent